Friday, September 16, 2011

ADD A LITTLE VALUE TO YOUR SOUL... EVERY DAY.

Add a little value to your soul... every day.
As we all have heard, "without charity, there is no salvation".
Therefore, adding value to our soul means: do charity.
No wonder why, since the first Divine Law tells us to
"love our brothers like we love ourselves".
 
The question  886 of the Book of the Spirits, clarify what charity means:
-- it means "BIP", that is, benevolence, indulgence, and ("Perdon") forgiveness.
These are also big virtues, though, that need to be worked on constantly.
We all have those virtues already developed to a certain extent,
meaning that we all can practice charity, even at the risk of failing sometimes.
 
Moving from theory to practice, now. My ideas are derived
from my interpretation of the Question 919 of the Book of the Spirits.
First, how do we better our BIP virtues? Better yet, have we been
working on a regular basis to improve our BIP virtues? 
So, paraphrasing St. Augustine, let's ask this question to ourselves:
 
- What have I read today (books, magazines, Internet, etc) that
made me reflect on my values, my routine, my actions, 
and my moral improvement opportunities?
 
- Have I spent my day wisely, as far as how I allocated my time to
actions and things that brought me joy while improving my BIP virtues?
 
- Have we thought of those we know are in need of help?
 
Needless to say that when we decide to ask the above type of questions
to ourselves, it indicates that we have already positively answered one basic
question:  - Do I want to progress morally and spiritually? or, borrowing the
line of Leon Denis, do I want to improve the value of my soul?
 
Now that we have gone through this exercise, we should be ready
to wake-up tomorrow morning with one thing in mind: do a little thing for
someone, our families, or our community that will add value to my soul.
Then, let's make this a mindset, so everyday we wake up with such
an objective ingrained in our thoughts and actions, I mean, fully
internalized, so that we just naturally pursue this objective in everything we do.
It is in giving that we receive, and that's how we will increase the value
of our souls.
 
Gilberto
16 Sept 2011

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful entry, as I feel the same way. To progress in this world, we need to always seek knowledge, and not just any knowledge. But knowledge that will help us in the divine education of Jesus Christ. Through the Gospel and Spiritism, we will find our way.

    As well as always reflecting on what we have done today, to better ourselves and to help others.

    http://godssoldier4life.com

    ReplyDelete